cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 560 Capabilities

christianojum
Level 1
Level 1

I am building a telephony platform for use by a call centre and I have chosen to use a UC 560 FXO Model router for Local call routing and SIP trunk to a GSM gateway for Inbound and outbound calls.

Hence my questions:

1)Does the UC 560 FXO model router take TAPI (Telephony Application Progamming Interface) Drivers that enables Incoming calls notification Pop-ups, Music on Hold etc

2)Does a UC 560 router work with a 3750 PoE switch

Regards

Chris

4 Replies 4

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Christian,

I will try and answer your questions as best as possible

1)Does the UC 560 FXO model router take TAPI (Telephony Application Progamming Interface) Drivers that enables Incoming calls notification Pop-ups, Music on Hold etc

Yes there is a TAPI driver, but you may have issues with it working in a 64BIT environment, and getting support for office 2010 and above (Due to Microsoft Changing their API integration).

However there are third-party applications out there that integrate with the UC's on different levels to provide the TAPI like service. Sorry I don't have the links on hand to give them to you right now, I am sure though someone else will pipe in and give them to you

2)Does a UC 560 router work with a 3750 PoE switch

Yes 100%, just make sure you setup the right VLAN's across all the connected ports and you have the right routing in place given that the 3750 is a Layer-3 switch.

Did you look at the other Cisco systems solutions before you chose the 560?

Cheers,

David Trad.

**When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon **

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Good Morning David.

I am having it tough configuring connectivity between a UC 560 CUE router and a Cisco 3750 series switch and i need help.

i have a 3750 switch on which i am connecting 20 computers and 3 phones. I am doing DHCP, inter-vlan routing and QoS on the switch. I have Vlan 10 (Voive Vlan) and Vlan 20 (data vlan) configured on the switch and computers and phones are obtaining IP address.

For some reasons, we just got a UC 560 router and after loading the latest software pack and locale, it obtained an automatic configuration from the software load. I guess its default.

The UC 560 is now configured with a different data and voice vlan; Vlan1 (Voice Vlan), Vlan 100 (Data Vlan).

You mentioned setting up the VLANs accross the connected ports right. I am not sure how i can achieve this, please i need some explanation.

Also, When i connect the expansion ports of the router to the 3750 switch, the switch goes into errdisable state (%PM-4-ERR-DISABLE security-violation error detected)

NOTE: I do not have port security configured on the switch.

Thanks in Advance

Hello again david.

First , i have beena ble to resolve the connectivity issue between my uc560 and the 3750 switch.

i have been able to register a 7911 Ip phone on the uc560 and its working well but when i install a cisco ip communicator on a windows7 computer (version 7.0.6), the switchport on which the computer is pluged will be shutdown.

Thsi shutdoown happens when the CIPC on the windows7 is trying to register with the UC560.

I have removed access-list configs on the router (UC 560) but it still persists.

please i need help urgently.

thanks

Hi shobaloju rilwan

Firstly this is not a UC-500 issue that you are experiencing, secondly sorry for my late reply as I have not been very active on the forums lately and I am realizing now I maybe should have been

The issues sounds more like the Catalyst 3750 is not liking more than 1 MAC address on the same port, so please verify that you have turned of port security on that particular port and if that resolves it then turn it off on the other ports unless you believe you need to keep it on (Which to be honest you don't really).

It has been a while for me since I have played on the 3750 IOS so I cannot remember the command off-hand, but I am fairly confident this will resolve the issue for you

Or alternatively, configure the CIPC to clone the MAC ID of your PC so that way a secondary MAC is not being presented to the 3750, this may be the easier alternative, but not my first recommendation.

Again sorry for my late reply

Cheers,

David Trad.

**When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon **

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *