Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 560 CDR FTP

yency
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I'm trying to setup a FTP to collect the CDR files from the UC560 and this is the error I'm Getting

Any Help Please

11 Replies 11

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check your FTP server logs if it shows the access attempt and a better error code?

Also, which exact IOS / software pack are you using ?

Hello

Thanks for the answer, one of the main problems is we don't see any connnection in the FTP server,

UC version 8.0.6, IOS 15.1(2)T4

Thanks for your help

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2067765

possibly a data corruption bug not filed yet.

try reloading router.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Yency,

This is a common problem with the FTP services on the UC-500, even if you get it to work, the longest I could get it to stay up and working for is 1 week before it would respond with the exactly the same error as the one you reported.

All the mlst recent IOS revisions have had a very poorly implimented FTP service and I would go as far as to say it got worse over the last 2 years.

You need to log a case for this, its about time they took this issue serious and issued a bug on it and resolved it.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Agree with David and rated.

Paolo / David,

if ftp is unreliable, and syslog doesn't seem to deliver all of the fields in the CDR, is RADIUS the only safe option? If so, how do I configure it using CCA?

Andy

You have to confirgure RADIUS via the CLI and it provides all the CDR header information.

Go here for setup information - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cdr/developer/guide/cdradius.html

#

Accounting Method

#

Benefits

#

Restrictions

#

File Accounting

#

FTP servers are inexpensive and easy to setup

#

Commonly available applications like Microsoft Excel can be used to parse and generate reports

#

Supports all CDR fields

#

Compact CDR format option

#

No support for real-time applications

#

RADIUS

#

RADIUS is an AAA server, you get AAA services along with the CDR collection

#

Supports real-time applications

#

Supports all CDR fields

#

Retries built-in

#

RADIUS servers are generally more expensive than other methods

#

syslog

#

Less expensive than RADIUS

#

One syslog server can support both error monitoring and CDRs

#

No support for real-time applications

#

Limited attributes supported

#

No retries built-in (UDP based)

#

If many debugs are enabled, server performance might be impacted

Our TIM Plus and Enterprise call logging / accounting software have RADIUS built into the product and automatically configures the directory based on your existing Cisco configuration.

Free trials available, unlimited display boards and web users included free of charge. Visit our microsite for more information www.tri-line.com/cisco

TIM Plus overview video:

Thanks Jamie, but the Cisco people on here keep saying "use CCA". What I was asking - possibly not clearly enough - was if ftp not reliable, how do I configure RADIUS via CCA. I've read the doc you've linked to - extensively - and already have a database and reporting tools setup based on ftp exports of CDRs and tftp from BACD: if I've got to re-do it to use RADIUS because the ftp implementation is questionable, then I need to be able to configure RADIUS using CCA (or, alternatively, need to find UC software build with problem-free ftp that doesn't remove any other features if it's a downgrade).

Andy

Hi Andy,

Sorry for the late reply...

At this junction I am unable to help you any further, Simply because I don't any any answer to your problem :-(

Sorry for that.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks anyway David !

Will start playing with RADIUS, see how it goes.

Andy

abillington wrote:

Thanks Jamie, but the Cisco people on here keep saying "use CCA". What I was asking - possibly not clearly enough - was if ftp not ...

I think you should try whatever it takes to make your system work.

Cisco people (or anybody else) call say whatever they want  but at the end of the day it's you having the problem, and if something can't be done one way, it has to be done another way.