Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 560 - First call into new B-ACD - Crash - Unexpected exception to CPU

mattfuerst
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings all,

We're going through the process of setting up a new UC 560.

We want to set up a B-ACD Queue. Using CCA 3.1.1, we create a new B-ACD. We assign it a 4 digit "pilot" number (all of our phones are on a 4 digit extension setup), change the name and assign 2 members to the hunt group. (We've gone through this a few times, we've stopped and left everything else as the defaults, and we've changed various other settings with the number of rings, seconds until transfer, etc... the UC 560 reboots regardless of settings in the window).

With the B-ACD set up, we are able to log the assigned phones/users into and out of the Hunt Group/Queue. However, if we call our pilot number from another (non Hunt/ACD) phone, our UC 560 crashes immediately. We get the following output in the console:

14:49:38 EDT Thu Sep 29 2011: Unexpected exception to CPU: vector 85C7FF60, PC = 0x82C58330, LR = 0x81FE7414

Along with bits of a stack dump. We are able to replicate this with multiple times setting up the B-ACD.

We did scrap the B-ACD idea altogether, and set up a hunt group alone successfully. We assigned the same 2 agents to the hunt group, and dialing into the hunt group numer from an internal phone worked fine. We would like the features of the B-ACD however, specifically the ability to log agents out if they don't answer, and the reporting statistics.

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Matt,

Really the best thing to do is to log a case for this straight away, if there is a bug in the system they need to know about it so they can get it resolved.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Matt,

Really the best thing to do is to log a case for this straight away, if there is a bug in the system they need to know about it so they can get it resolved.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

mattfuerst
Level 1
Level 1

Just to respond to myself here.

Apparently, this was a known bug that was fixed between the software releases of 8.0 (what our new UC 560 was shipped to us with) and 8.2 (the latest release).

We didn't have a support contract, so there was an initial hesitation in helping us, but we were able to convince Cisco and their techs to upgrade us to the latest. With 8.2, the problem went away.

I gave David right answer credit, since he was correct in terms of contacting Cisco. The best answer is to upgrade to 8.2, or at least off of 8.0.

Hi Matt,

I am glad the issue is resolved for you now, If I had of known that you didn't have a contract on the box, I would have gone through the routine trouble shooting with you and would have come to the same conclusion anyway.

But good news anyway

Cheers,

David.