cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC 560 Getting License Increase (from 16 to 24 included)????

invtechnologies
Level 1
Level 1

I have heard that the UC 560 (UC560-T1E1-K9) can now ship with 24 licenses included rather than the orginal 16.  Can anyone else verify this?

12 Replies 12

rvaltier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Invitechnologies,

To make it happened, you need to upgrade to latest software pack 8.2.

best regards

Rogelio Valtierra

so this would also apply to units that have already been purchased?

Yes, the new licensing will apply to both new and existing units already purchased...   If they are running Software Pack 8.2.0 or newer.

Thank you,

Darren

I've upgraded mine, but it still reflects only 16 licenses.  Is there something else to do to tell the system to update the quantity?

Index 1 Feature: uc-user

Period left: Life time

License Type: Permanent

License State: Active, In Use

License Count: 16/16/0  (Active/In-use/Violation)

License Priority: Medium

running Version 15.1(2)T4

-Mike

Try these commands in the IOS exec commands

"show lic detail"

"show platform software lic"

They will show the right count

David Dunlap

SBSC UC Support Engineer

10:00am to 7:00pm EST

Monday to Friday

daviddun@cisco.com

Office +1 (866) 606-1866 ext. 601050

Fax +1 (866) 875-3916

<> www.cisco.com/go/SMB

Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:46 PM

To: Arthur Dunlap

Subject: - Re: UC 560 Getting License Increase (from 16 to 24

included)????

<> Cisco Support Community

Re: UC 560 Getting License Increase (from 16 to 24 included)????

created by Michael Jewell

<> in

SBCS - UC500 - View the full discussion

<>

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I am not mistaken, the UC-540 is also getting some rework done to the licensing as well right?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

That's correct. The UC540 and UC560 will get these changes. The UC520 will not.

Cole

Yes.

The UC540 box will start with 24 base licenses instead of 16, I believe and still top out at 32.with one 8U PAK upgrade.

and remember the license math with allowance for analog ports and CIPC..:

24 + 6 = 30 Max licenses capability.

If you add the license PAK my understanfing is you get 2 more extra freebies..???

32 + 8 = 40 

As Steve has correctly pointed out, the max licenses for UC540 is 40 (including analog and CIPC) and for UC560 it's 138 (including analog ports and CIPC).

i have a small question , if i do not have any analog phone can i use this 4 license for ip phone , and does it apply the same for CIPC ,please clarify this important as it is confusing and i can not answer client most of the  time

Absolutely. The licenses for the UC500 arent tied to a particular model of phone. As long as the analog ports arent set to use skinny those licenses will be freed up for other uses.

Cole

I too got the uc560 upgraded with upgrade pack 8.2 but still my licenses did not got upgraded. There is one more thing when i check licenses from the CCA it shows me current capabilities as 30 but i cannot register more than 16 phones.

I need help regarding this as i promised the customer  that upgrade will give him extra 8 phone licenses.Below are the outputs from uc560 and cca.

Period left: Life time

License Type: Permanent

License State: Active, In Use

License Count: 16/16/0  (Active/In-use/Violation)

License Priority: Medium

running Version 15.1(2)T4

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: