cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 and more than SIP Provider

mluxford
Level 1
Level 1

Looking for help or directions to info please.

The UC320 supports upto 12 SIP Trunks, but you would have to have at least 2 SIP Providers to do this (8 being the max from any one Provider). I have seen the SIP configuration files and that makes sense, but can find no reference to using multiple SIP Providers and the implications thereof?

Many thanks, Mike.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mike,

For outbound calls you can either associate a steering digit with each provider or you can set the trunk (service provider) order for a particular steering digit.  For example you can configure the system so that 8+address uses SIP provider X and 9+address uses SIP provider Y or  9+address first will try to use Provider A and use provider B if all resources to Provider A are in use.

For inbound calls you can configure how each inbound DID number is routed either explicitly or use the default route on a per provider basis.

When we send outbound SIP messages we will have a unique local SIP port for each provider.  This local port can be found on the SIP/BRI page of the UC320 Configuration Utility.

Does this help answer your question?

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi Mike,

For outbound calls you can either associate a steering digit with each provider or you can set the trunk (service provider) order for a particular steering digit.  For example you can configure the system so that 8+address uses SIP provider X and 9+address uses SIP provider Y or  9+address first will try to use Provider A and use provider B if all resources to Provider A are in use.

For inbound calls you can configure how each inbound DID number is routed either explicitly or use the default route on a per provider basis.

When we send outbound SIP messages we will have a unique local SIP port for each provider.  This local port can be found on the SIP/BRI page of the UC320 Configuration Utility.

Does this help answer your question?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes it does and it makes sense.

So the UC320 can exist on upto 4 SIP Providers networks at any one time without registration issues?

I think thats my main concern?

Many thanks,

Mike.

Hi Mike,

We test with multiple providers in our labs and works very well.  One scenario (not common) that may get tricky when using multiple providers is if one or more of the providers you want to use does not use SIP registrations.  Some providers require a static IP address and authenticate by looking for that static IP as the source IP.  In this case the service provider will need to be configured to use our local SIP port for service provider originated SIP messages to the UC320.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I understand....thank yo ufor your help!

Mike.