cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 and SPA504G remote site with VPN

mphilpott
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to configuring VPNs, I want to set up a VPN from my home (Linksys WRT110 Router) and my office network using a Microtik Router from the ISP.  Is it possible to create this VPN and then use one of our SPA504Gs to connect to the UC320 since the will then be on the same network?  If so please point me in the right direction as to how to configure this.

Thanks

Matt

4 Replies 4

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Matt,

Currently UC320W doesn't support remote site with VPN.

Best regards,

Wendy

mphilpott
Level 1
Level 1

Our UC320 is not our router only used for voice, I just want to make the VPN so that the two networks are connected, does this make a difference?

Hi Matt,

Remote phones and multi-site deployments of the UC320W are not currently  supported.  Getting remote phones (teleworker) to work is not as simple  as it sounds.  Some of the technolgy used in the UC320W doesn't work  with IPSec VPNs (namely IP multicast).  This requires some changes  in the software to support IP unicast for the services and features to  work. 

Best regards,

Wendy

I too made the foolish assumption that 'it's a voip phone system - voip phone systems support remote users" - Silly me!!

anyway - i note you have a mikrotik router, -Mikrotki have EOIP (Ethernet over IP), whcih sounds like a possible solution here. You'll need a mikrotik at both ends and it should work. I'm assuming that some QOS may be needed to ensure reasonable performance. It's worth a try, and with a model like the routerboard RB750 for around $US40 - it could be a winner!!

Cisco - why is remote worker function being held back? is it a technical or marketing decision?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: