Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 as switch?

chidcp999
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I currently run a UC320 routing both voice and data, with a simple ADSL modem ahead of it - all runs well, with the exception of all too frequent disconnects on the ADSL modem.

So I'm considering a SRP547W to replace the ADSL modem. If I use an SRP547 as the ADSL modem and main router for both ethernet and wireless data access, can I then use the ethernet ports on the UC320 as a basic switch? I don't need anything fancy and I've not looked into the detail yet, I'm just looking for a quick confirmation whether it would be possible?

Thanks

Clive

2 Replies 2

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Clive;

Perfectly possible, setup would be as following:

Internet -> SRP500 -> UC3000 -> Phones + PCs connected to a switch.

Regards

Alberto

Hi,

OK, I'm about to purchase a new SRP547W to accompany my existing UC320W. Am I correct in thinking that I've seen mentioned somewhere, that there is a tech document that details using the UC320W with an SRP500 series router/modem?

If so, then can someone please send me a copy - note I'm not a Cisco Partner, just the end user who purchases the hardware and maintains it myself, so please don't send links to documents that I cannot get!

Thanks in advance.

Clive

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: