Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 auto attendant strange config

Hello Everybody,

I have a request from my customer and I'm unable to setup it.

When they have an incoming call, uc320 should act as follows:

1) two rings on "Reception" group

2) after that, auto attendant answer saying someting like "Hello company speaking, please hold on". In the meanwhile reception has to keep ringing for other 3 rings.

3) After that (5 rings) all phones ringing. Auto attendant continues to speak.

Is it possible to do this? If yes how?

Thanks in advance

9 Replies 9

Hello Riccardo,

What you are looking for is a feature called call queueing?  Currently, this feature is only supported on the UC500 series.  We do have this feature on our feature request list for the UC320.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi chris

yes, that's what I'm looking for. Do you have any release date for this?

I'm sorry but the customer is bugging me...

In the meanwhile is there any similar configuration to do with the auto attendant feature? Keeping the phones ringing with a custom message may be enough.

Thanks in advance and sorry again

Hi Ricardo,

Sorry, we don't have the feature they are requesting.  The best you can do is to make the call ring for an extended period of time then CFNA to another extension and ring for an extended period of time.

The only other option is to dedicate the entire AA system to this call type, make ALL of the AA options including the timeout, Play prompt "Your call is important to us, blah blah", then transfer the call to an extension.  That extension would ring for a period of time then CFNA back to the AA extension.  I'll caution that looping like this is a bad idea and the business answering the calls won't have any idea how many loops or the order in which calls came into the system.

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for quick response. I'll try to setup it.

However, how many time will cisco need to introduce this feature? Months?

Thankyou

Using your second solution when the CFNA back to AA and prompt the message, internal phones will stop ringing. Am i wrong?

thanks

When the Call is at the AA it is considered Answered until the AA performs the transfer which puts the call back into a ringing state.

Ciao Ricardo;

There is currently no short term plans for call queueing on the UC320 system.

Regards
Alberto

Thanks for the answer.

However let me say that this feature is available in "lower profile and cheaper" solutions. I see it as an important slice of the cake.

Best regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: