cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 Dial plans for the UK

jharbidge
Level 1
Level 1

Setting up a UC320 in the UK and it offers two options for the local phone numbers of 6 or 8 digit numbers.

The problem is that there are 6, 7 or 8 digit local numbers with 3,4 or 5 digit area codes. Within 20 miles of methere are all three of these options - Coventry 024 xxxx xxxx, Leicester 0116 xxx xxxx and Market Harborough 01858 xxx xxx.

What do I choose for Leicester  - or indeed any of the many large cities in the UK with a 4+7 digit number.

Thanks all.

James

23 Replies 23

Hi James,

Thanks for reporting this.  We aren't ignoring you.  There are some internal discussions on modifying the dialplan to address this.

Chris

Any news on this - i have a couple of these to deploy and i need to get this right.

Cheers,

James

Any News - 6 weeks gone and no update.

PLEASE advise.

Many Thanks,

James

Hi James,

My apologies to you.  I dropped the ball on responding.  There have been several dialplan updates for the UK dial plan in the 2.1 release.  Pending no major issues found in final testing this week, we plan to make the 2.1 Release Candidate available next week.

Chris

What difference does it make anyway?

I'm in the UK and have installed 2 U320s. The only area where I can see this making a difference is when assigning the DDIs, you just select the last six or eight numbers though.

Am I missing something?

craig.letheren
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I just wanted to let you guys know that I am also having this issue in the UK. I installed a 320 yesterday and found that I could not dial 17070 on the PSTN line which I assume is an issue with the dial plan. This install was actually in a house where they wanted to be able to use 1471 on their FXO line which cannot be dialled, and 141 before your number (to hide your CLI) also was not possible.

Is there any further news on the ability to change the dial plan?

Hi Craig;

Thanks for the highlight. I will have a look and discuss with engineering for a quick fix.

Regards

Alberto

Hi, I'd just like to add a few comments about the UK dial plans as well:

The details below are all via the PSTN line - ie I dial 'steering digit' 8, which selects the PSTN only trunk.

I can successfully dial the 'speaking clock', which is 123.

Dialing 1471 as Craig was trying fails when you dial the second digit '4'.

In the UK we also have calling features that are controlled via '#' and '*' codes.

eg

*21*12345678#     diverts all calls to 12345678

#21#                    cancels the call divert

These all fail as soon as you dial the first '#' or '*'.

There are others, but these are the ones I need to use. Can the UC320 be configured to allow this sort of dialling in the UK?

Thanks

Clive Petley wrote:

eg

*21*12345678#     diverts all calls to 12345678

#21#                    cancels the call divert

These all fail as soon as you dial the first '#' or '*'.

There are others, but these are the ones I need to use. Can the UC320 be configured to allow this sort of dialling in the UK?

Just a bump on this issue.  Has this been resolved?  I've the latest Firmware as of 30/04/13 on UC320W with SPA502G handsets. PSTN trunk.

Thanks

Gareth

This has been resolved by an unpublished PMF that you can request from Cisco support (or email Wendy on this forum) - use it myself and it works fine, even with the broked dial tone that 21 introduces, officially unsupported !

This has been resolved by an unpublished PMF that you can request from Cisco support (or email Wendy on this forum) - use it myself and it works fine, even with the broked dial tone that 21 introduces, officially unsupported !

Hi -- we have exactly the same issue as Clive Petley, we have had to keep an analogue phone on the PSTN line as well to work around this issue. Not good in a customer environment.

Gary

I have just installed the latest firmware reslease on a new UC320 (2.1.4). however the customer is still unable to reach BT's 1471 service.  The user dials 9 for an outside line but as soon as 14 is entered the system cuts off displaying "Invalid Number"  Are there plans to resolve this?

mikep
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a similar problem.

My boss is trying to use a conference call application that requires a pin number then the # sign to be put in. When you put the # sign in it doesn't recognise it. It knows you have pressed a button but thinks it's the wrong one.

We have tried it with a few numbers that require the # key to be pressed and the same problem.

Is there a work around for this? Or a bug fix coming shortly? My boss is getting really cross. I have suggested we use an analogue phone for this but he's not happy at all!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: