Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 Hold Music Distorted

ErikU19ttex
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I have a UC320 running 2.1.4 and am having trouble with the hold music.  I have tried two seperate DVD/CD Players and no matter what cd or player I use the sound is VERY disroted.  There is no way to adjust the volume/gain coming out of the devices, and the sound is normal on headphones or through an amp.

I cant find a way to adjust the volume of the music on the UC320 (is there even one?).  It basically sounds like its up to high..

What is my next step?                   

4 Replies 4

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Erik,

I helped a similar customer with volume with Music on hold.. In that case though the volume was too low and a PMF was created to increase the gain level.

I can do a similar PMF file to reduce the gain level and have you try it out for noticeable improvement.

Can you email me at rbordner@cisco.com and I will work with you.

Thanks,

Randy

Erik,

One additional check for audio quality and volume is to dial the external Music source from a registered phone:

From a phone(example SPA50x)

-> Setup -> (1)Directory -> (3) Corporate Directory -> (1) Internal Directory -> browse  to ExternalMusic xmusic -> press dial soft button.    This will connect you to music source. 

Can you also lower the volume of your external music source connected to UC320W?

Hi their are you able to send me the PMF to lower the volume?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Jack, Please emial me at rbordner@cisco.com and I will provide you the PMF.  If the PMF works for you I will release the PMF for publishing to the community.

regards,

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: