Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 integration with GSM gateway

fast5658659
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Is it possible to connect Office 2N GSM gateway to UC320 ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Currently, 3G/4G dongels are not supported with the UC320. They are only supported with the Cisco SRPs.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

If the 2N Support analogue connection then yes it will work, but I would be dubious about the quality of the calls, when I used the 2N on a UC-500 via FXO lines the quality was not all the best.

But it should work if it is the right form of connection type.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

You should also be able to do a SIP trunk to the gateway, with the caveat that you will need to configure a separate access-code to send calls to the gateway since the UC320 does not support least cost routing at this point in time.

Note that we have not formally tested and so do not formally support any particular cellphone gateway right now, but in general, I'd expect a SIP integration to work well, and I would also expect it to be rather more reliable than using analogue ports.

Cheers,

Dave.

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

I have set this up in the past with Multitech GSM.  Going the route David Trad is the best.  The UC320 treats it has an analog line.

I have tested with topex devices and works fine. Particulary topex mobilink ip

You have to configure as sip provider without register