cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 is sending callers to VM

comtech123
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC320 that is as simple as it gets.  There are 3 incoming FXO lines and 3 phones.  The FXO lines are configured as shared and if busy/no answer then they are supposed to roll to the VM for User1.  Generally this works fine but occasionally messages will just appear in User1's VM without the phone ever ringing.  The users claim they are working away on the computers and with no ringing at all they see the message lamp light up.  I haven't been able to reproduce this but they swear it happens at least a couple times a day.  Does anyone have an idea as to how this might be happening?

I've double checked and all three lines are in the only shared FXO group and all have the same busy/no answer setting.  I'm not sure where else to look.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Mike,

A silly question here, but are there any deposits when this happens? I.E does the call actually leave a message?? Would like to know if these are actual phantom messages, or if the system is going into lazy mode and sleeping on the job

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hi Mike

Just a thought, i had a problem where if i was on a call and someone else called in while i was on the phone and i then finished the call the other call would not ring my phone but was ringing in the system somewhere, this was a problem i was having on the FXS port but it might be worth testing, busy the 3 phones off hook, then call the main number, then put the phones back on hook to see if they ring, if not then it could be routing to the voicemail.

Thanks

Dave

I'll test that and see what happens.  The good news is that callers are leaving messages even though the phones don't actually ring consistently so I don't think we are losing any calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: