cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 Logged Calls

rjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

UC320 - There are 6 users in a Hunt Group for incoming calls and the Main Receptionist answers the call, but the other 5 sets show a missed call even though it was actually answered.  Any suggestions to overcome this?

8 Replies 8

beananimal
Level 1
Level 1

Ryan...

Like the other 999 missing or broken features, this is something that is to be fixed in a later update....

Hi Ryan,

Engineering has a bug open on this issue (CSCtr59969).  Unfortunately, it is not a simple fix to that can be implemented quickly.  One option is to disable the MissCallBanner option on each of the phones (Settings button -> User preferences -> MissCallBanner).   This will disable the missed calls banner on the screen.

Ryan Johnson wrote:

UC320 - There are 6 users in a Hunt Group for incoming calls and the Main Receptionist answers the call, but the other 5 sets show a missed call even though it was actually answered.  Any suggestions to overcome this?

Chris

Chris,

Do we have any kind of time estimate on this? First quarter 2012... or longer?

Even a rough estimate would be nice.

Thanks.

Hi Christopher,

Do you any information regarding the mentioned Bug ID? In the Bug tracking toolkit I cannot find any informaton about it.

Kind regards,

Alfred

Hi Alfred,

I just checked the status of the bug and it is now in a closed (final) state.  The missed calls appear per the design requirements.  The workaround is to disable the missed call banner on each of the phones.

Chris

Hi Chris,

thanks for your fast response. It's hard to believe that this is a "feature".

If I dissable the missed call notification the user will also loose missed calls directly his extension. The problem is that a call placed to a group is displayed as "missed" although is was answered by someone else in the call-group.

for me it's still a bug not a feature

Kind regards,

Alfred

Alfred,

This entire system is a laughable pile of such "features" and missing functionality. Cisco appears to think that throwing a few code monkeys at open source software and selling it as a viable SMB solution is acceptable. The product was complete half-baked crap when it was released and after several years of "development" is still crap. To this date, a simple 3 station, 2 PTSN KEY setup refusese to run in a stable and predictable manner and has fewer WORKING features than a 25 years old Avaya or Nortel box.

This product along with the other ultra buggy SMB products (RV series routers, Etc) that are based on asterisk and dd-wrt are a joke and the sole reason that we refuse to use Cisco products for ANY of our SMB customers. I have lost thousands on "free" service calls and refunds because of these products.

It's a real shame. SIP supports an 'Answered elsewhere' flag, the SPA phones even support it! We use it with Asterisk / our own call control system all the time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: