cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 - Low volume on SIP trunks

tom.salmon
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC320 on 2.2.2 and am getting complaints that, when dialling out, the recipient has difficulty hearing the caller. This only happens with calls over SIP and not with calls over FXO. Is anyone aware of any way to raise the gain on the SIP trunk? If not, does anyone know of a way to easily change the gain of handsets?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

4 Replies 4

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your post, One question, do you have an fxs connected phone on your UC320W, please try a SIP call with the fxs port and confirm the far end receiving volume.  Confirm if the volume is low also.

I looked through the PMF files and we have an phone volume input gain but I will need to create one for phone output gain, there are 3 setting options, handset, headset, and speakerphone.

Thanks,

Randy

Speaking of that, when a SPA50x phone is configured as SIP client, it is possible to change input gain for handset/headset/speakerphone individually using the web interface. When the phone is connected to an UC320, the gain settings are displayed but cannot be changed since I cannot change to admin mode. Is there any way to adjust these parameters when the phone is connected to an UC320?

Hi Randall,

The volume is also low when using an analogue handset on FXS.

The handset input gain is what I need to change (as a workaround). Output gain is fine being changed on the handset and it is the recipient for whom the call is quiet.

Regards,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Can you please open a Cisco Small Business support case on this?  I will instruct the engineers to obtain the tcpdump containing the in/outbound voice stream on the SIP trunk.

We can verify the voice db levels. I can create a PMF to adjust the output gains but I would like to verify the current db levels before making output gain settings on each phone.

Randy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: