cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 MOH only plays internal not external

cerwin0926
Level 1
Level 1

Customer has UC320 with external MP3 player and 3.5 to 3.5 line cord. UC320 is set to play external music source and not interanal. Unit software at 2.2.2. GA. I have tested MP3 and it is working, 3.5 to 3.5 is in external MOH plug. I have changed MOH to internal, rebooted, changed back to external, rebooted, but problem stays. I had customer play MOH on phone and then go pull the MP3 and see if music stopped, it didnt. Any IDEAS???

6 Replies 6

rbordner
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Chad,

Are the external callers connected via FXO ports or SIP Trunks?   Sometime there are incompatabilities with SIP Providers related to  Music on Hold. 

You might want to open a Support Case so the UC320W configuration can be obtained and any syslog traces.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Thanks

Randy

Connected SIP, I do have other customers connected SIP with external MOH running same firmware with no problems.

Same SIP provider with your other customers?

Yes it is we are the provider.

A quick test would be to make an extension to extension call then place the call on hold.  This eliminates the SIP provider.

Make sure the volume on the MP3 player is turned up.  If the signal isn't strong enough the UC320 will assume no music is coming from the music source and fail back to internal MoH.

Chris

Good to know on the volume I didnt know the Cisco would fail back to the internal. I am doing a couple more test, internal extension to extension with hold, and checking MP3 volume. Hopefully thats what is all it is, will update you all asap.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: