Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320 SIP Header customisation for Provider

ajchellew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community

I'm hoping someone can give me an anwser for this, I have the UC320 configured and can make and receive calls.

However outgoing calls do not get the correct caller ID, the PBX is correctly configured but the SIP provider requires the from header be very specially formatted as follows:

"From: 'CLI_Number' <'SIP_Endpoint'@'public_facing_ip_address'>"

Using the 2.1 Candidate Release (a very nice update btw) the output is:

"From: 'Users Name' <sip:'users_phone_no'@providername.com>"

Is there any way to change this or is the PBX incompatible with this provider?

Regards

Tony

6 Replies 6

Hi Anthony,

Have you looked at the SIP Trunk Service Provider page to see if your provider template is posted?

One option to try might be to use the provider's SIP proxy IP address in the Proxy field.

Chris

Chris,

I have now found my provider is Gamma Telecom (resold via a 3rd party) and I have used most of the settings provided, and tried the proxy too, however the configuration settings are for IP based authenication, where as my account is password authenticated. I am assuming this makes no difference to the from header requirement.

I have said third party investigating and hope we will find a resolution as Gamma should work having been validated.

Tony

i am experiencing this too. can someone from cisco help us?

A bit of follow up, as far as Gamma's requirements for the header go it appears to be more optional then they let on.

My third party reseller has now got us up and running, by working with Gamma to debug/rewrite their scripts for parsing the SIP invites the UC320 sends out.

I believe script being used was failing as the Remote-Party-ID field exists from the UC320 but was not expected resulting in script failing to find parse the "From:" field correctly therefore failing back to using the default number.

Anthony,

Thanks for your followup post on the community!

Chris

Hey Chris,

Just want clarity here. Does the UC320 can manipulate the From: header?

Thanks,

Virgil