cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W Blank Browser

techiegzz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a major issue with my UC320W, when I ttry to access it in my browseres (IE9/19, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and Chrome), it just shows a blue background with Cisco in the middle and nothing more. Nowhere to login or do anything and when I right-click, it shows Flash is running. This has been going on since I had Windows 7 and now Windows 8 PC. I have updated the firmware in the past when it was still working as expected. Since this issue, I have reset it with the hope that it will be reset to factory default but no luck. I have checked the troubleshooting guide on here but it is not of any help. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

J

7 Replies 7

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Techiegzz, it may be a Java related issue. Or may be just the computer you're using. Do you have an entirely different computer you may try?

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thanks fothe response Tom. I have done that. I even went as far as uninstalling Firefox and installed Firefox 3.6 (per the unreasonable requirements like as though we should not update our browers and why would anyone ever require Flash or any such plug-in to access an appliance) and updated the Flash player and Java on another computer just to verify but got the same result, as you an see below.

It seems this equipment has some major issues, any help to restore it to a usable state will be appreciated. I was hoping that one can download the latest firmware onto an empty usb flash drive, boot the equipment to it to automatically install the firmware to possibly restore it as well, but it does not seem this is a functionality available on the equipment. Any help will be appreciated.        

In the past the reasons I've seen why a GUI may not work

• Java/active X controls
  • Bad/corrupt flash on the device (in your case uc320)
  • Browser capability problems such as security settings
  • Corpropate proxy
  • Insufficient power source to the device
  • Insufficient computer resources power such as page file, RAM, etc

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Thanks Tom,

Below is what I narrowed down to as pertains to your suggestions above based on what I have observed with this equipment:

• Java/active X controls -All other media that require these work just fine.
  • Bad/corrupt flash on the device (in your case uc320) - highly probable, as computers used in the tests cannot all have the same issues.
  • Browser capability problems such as security settings - I can fully access other flash media.
  • Corpropate proxy - The device is in a home setting with basic networking and has the same issue when directly connected to any computer.
  • Insufficient power source to the device - the same power supply provided with the equipment is in use, except if it has issues. When this issue started, nothing had changed except for a firmware update at an earlier time, the equipment was sitting in its regular spot in the closet with its original power supply.
  • Insufficient computer resources power such as page file, RAM, etc - The computers used here are high performance PCs with 8GB RAM, multi-core CPUs, plenty of HDD storage, etc., and in dormant state whle running these tests.

This seems like a defective equipment, I might need to contact Cisco support. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

J

I had a similar issue with my UC320 out of box. The latest version of flash was not comparible with the factory FW the device came with so I had to downgrade the version of flash on my PC, log into my UC320 and upgrade the FW and then upgrade flash again on my PC. Hopefully this helps.

Hello Jules,

Thanks for the response. I just finished trying your suggestions with various versions of Flash and browsers to no avail.

Thanks,

J

I had to contact Cisco SBCS to remote into it to restore it via a link they entered into the browser to direct a new firmware into the equipment, after dealing with Flash compatibility issues. They said this is a known issue (tell me wbout it, I know enough about issues with [roducts that require plug-ins such as Flash and Java). However after we hung up, the equipment got into a reboot loop even after I left it overnight and when I unplugged it for a while next morning and replugging it back in. I will have to call them again for this new issue. What a product.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: