cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W Daylight Savings Problem

cachorropr
Level 1
Level 1

We are testing the UC320 platform for our customers and its looking good. The only problem we are having is that we dont use Daylight Savings Time in Puerto Rico. We have the "Use Daylight Savings Time" box unchecked on the Regions Settings in the UC320 config page.

If I go to the configuration page of a phone, in this case a SPA525, I can see that the "

Daylight Saving Time Enable:Yes

"

is setup incorrectly from the UC320. Since its in "provision" mode I cannot change this manualy on the phone. Any ideas on how to resolve this? I include screenshots.

Thanks,

Carlos Bermudez

7 Replies 7

Jo Kern
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

that will work still. As the Daylight Savings Time rule is empty, nothing will be applied for Daylight savings.

Jo

On my phones the time is one hour behind, which will be correct if Im actually using Daylight Savings Time. If the box of "Use Daylight Savings Time" is unchecked the logical scenario would be that it doesnt applies it. Right now all my phones are one hour behind PR time which is Eastern Time but without Daylight Savings Time.

Carlos

I currently have the lastest firmware on my SPA phones. I'm using SPA303 and SPA525, they both act as if Daylight Savings is currently enabled on both units, but on the UC320 the option is turned off. Im about to do a clean wipe and redo the config.

Any Ideas/Suggestions??

Thanks

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

Let's see if the time is correct on the UC320W.  Go to STATUS -> Devices and look at the system time.  Is that time correct?

Chris

The hour listed is one hour behind, as if its using daylight savings time. We are one hour ahead since we dont use it. My region is set as Eastern Time -5:00 USA and the Use Daylight Savings checkbox is unchecked.

I wonder which NTP server the UC320 gets its information. So to answer your question, the time is incorrect for PR, but correct for Eastern Time while using DST.

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

NTP uses GMT/UTC so it doesn't have to worry about locale/region and daylight savings.  The device applies the logic in how to represent the correct current time to the user. 

We have a 2.1.4 Limited Deployment release coming out in a few days that should address this issue (bug ID: CSCts71888) and provide the correct timezone on the Region page for Puerto Rico.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for the response. Hoping you release this fix soon. As of now the unit is pretty much unsellable in PR. As soon as you realease it I will apply it and send in the results.

Thanks

Carlos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: