cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320w Dialplan or prefix needed

steve.haegelin
Level 1
Level 1

My SIP provider needs a user id prefix attached to outbound calls in the form 99999999# in order to use static IP based verification.  They use the user id prefix  to lookup whether the outbound IP address is allowed.

How can I prepend an 8 digit number and '#' to my ourbound calls?

Per the SIP provider's website:

You will need to prefix your outbound calls with this user id order to  authenticate your account for outbound calls from the IP specified  previously.

For most systems you will need to setup a dialplan to add  your user id on outbound calls. If you are not sure how to do this,  please contact your PBX vendor.

Thanks,

Steve Haegelin

5 Replies 5

wenyang
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Steve,

Sorry, UC320W doesn't support it.

Best regards,

Wendy Yang

Thanks Wendy, the UC320w can provide SIP credentials rather than static IP based authentication so I will go with that. 

1) Does the UC540 allow for a custom dial plan? 

2) I would like to get ahold of administration guide for the UC540 but I can't seem to find one.  It would be nice to have one because the sales brochures never really give you the nuts and bolts of how the devices work so you get halfway through an install and realize you can't do what you need to do.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

You may want to post questions regarding UC540 at the following link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/voiceandconferencing/sbcs-uc500

Best regards,

Wendy

dfrench
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same type of problem, needed "prefix attached ". 

this is from an old post, maybe it will help you.

*********************************************************************************************************

Anyone that needs to add a 9 or  any number(s) to get an outside line from the centrex type phone system,  they can use the follow item.

The LX375 saved my install.

Still looking forward to a better dial plan for the US.

The LX375:

http://telongo.com/auto-dialers/auto-dialers-call-controllers.html

**********************************************************************************************************

David,

Thanks for the idea, but I am using SIP trunking and not FXO lines so I don't think that autodialer will work for me.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: