cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W firmware upgrade problem

jyoopro4ia
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this but I could not find a separate portal for UC300 series.

I'm trying to upgrade my firmware from 2.0.1 (6) to 2.0.6 (1) during initial configuration and it keeps giving an error.  I even tried to download it to local hard drive and upgrade from there and I'm still getting an error.

Has anyone successfully applied this firmware upgrade on a UC320W?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

Firstly lets help you out with pointing you to the right forums for the UC300 series appliance, this way you will get the answers you want from the right people and probably much quicker, click HERE for that forum

I'm trying to upgrade my firmware from 2.0.1 (6) to 2.0.6 (1) during initial configuration and it keeps giving an error.  I even tried to download it to local hard drive and upgrade from there and I'm still getting an error.

What is the error message you are getting? And if you can explain further the methods you have tried and if possible take a screen shot of what happens when it fails.

Has anyone successfully applied this firmware upgrade on a UC320W?

Yes have done it a couple of times now.

If this is a fresh system I suggest resetting it to factory defaults, log back in and create the new User/Pass as per its instructions, then once back in there do not go through the setup process and just click on "Status" on the navigation menu, then click on "Devices" in the side navigation menu, and then to your right in the main screen click on "Upgrade from your PC" and direct the system to where the new firmware is located.

This is one method of doing it and works, but I must point out I have only done an upgrade on a freshly reset system and I made a backup of the config before doing it so I could restore it back to the way it was with the fresh new firmware operating.

Anyway's hopefully a Cisco rep will move this to the right forum so others can offer up their suggestions.

Cheers,

David

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks David.  I will look at the 300 forum.

This was a brand new configuration out of the box.  I will fac reset and try again. :)

Hello,

I have moved your post into the UC 300 series area.

Regards,

Cindy Toy

Cisco Small Business

Community Manager

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

reposted via https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3332675#3332675 please follow this thread for resolution.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi All,

Just to provide an update to the firmware upgrade procedure, i have discovered the following:

AVG Antivirus in 90% of the upgrades interferes with the upgrade process even though it is just a HTTP upgrade, you need to disable this prior to doing the upgrade to avoid possible corruption or failed upgrade.

Mcafee AV was also discovered to interfere with it as well, again had to disable it to make sure it would work properly.

Nortons, well this bombed out on me on all cases bar one so a lesson learnt there.

Tested on an vanilla XP and Windows 7, and can verify that AVAST, MS Security Essentials & Trend Micro had no ill effects with the upgrading procedures, but still it is advisable to turn them of anyway.

Hope this helps someone out, it was a pain in the backside installing and uninstalling the AV's but it had to be done i guess

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *