Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W FXO caller ID issue

epustovoyt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Was anyone able to fix caller ID issue on FXO lines. I am on software 2.0.9(3) and getting fxo1 when call comes in.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

nalbert
Level 4
Level 4

Evgney,

Caller ID works fine in most cases. I would try the following as in the troubleshooting guide here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16469#Wrong_or_Missing_Caller_ID

Wrong or Missing Caller ID

• Caller ID signaling from the PSTN occurs between the first and second ring on incoming FXO Calls.
  • If you sometimes see an incorrect or no Caller ID on an incoming call.  Take the following steps:       
    • Make test calls to try and determine which FXO port is failing to provide Caller ID.
    • Disconnect   the Line from the UC320W and connect a POTS phone (or Buttset) that  provides Caller ID to determine if it is being sent from the Service  Provider.       
      • If Caller ID is not provided to the POTS phone (or Buttset), take the following additional steps:       
        • Check for cabling issues or look for sources of signaling impairments (cross connected cables, shorted wires, etc).
        • If  you can't identify a physical issue with a certain line, make a note  of  the line number and open a trouble ticket with the Service  Provider  to make sure the feature is enabled for that line.
      • If Caller ID is provided to the POTS phone but not the UC320W on a certain line.
        • Check to see if the Rx Gain has been increased on this FXO port and try lower the value to see if it resolves the issue.
        • If   not, get a full trace of an incoming call with the specific FXO line   enabled (Make sure Show SIP Only is not checked) using the UC320W  Configuration Utility's Status/Troubleshooting  page.
        • Open a trouble ticket with the Cisco Small Business Support Center.

Thanks Navin

I will try it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: