cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W FXS dial tone

ftc232356tyui
Level 1
Level 1

One of my customers that we installed a UC320W a few months ago has just started having a problem, when they go of hook on the FXS port they dont get any dial tone, i have tried rebooting the box and i have also un-configured and reconfigured the FXS port, i have also plugged a test phone directly into the UC and still have the same problem, i have also checked the syslog to find nothing untoward. Has any one got some tipps on how i may be able to diagnose and repair   .               

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

The new 2.3 Release Candidate firmware has some new diagnostic tools.  One of them is a FXO-FXS loopback diagnostic where you connect the FXS to the FXO port using a standard cable.  You can find firmware information here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3701847#3701847

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi,

The new 2.3 Release Candidate firmware has some new diagnostic tools.  One of them is a FXO-FXS loopback diagnostic where you connect the FXS to the FXO port using a standard cable.  You can find firmware information here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3701847#3701847

Chris

I just upgraded one of my clients to this build as there were having volume and line break-up issues with FXO1-3. All Three of these ports are FAILING this test and PORT 4 is fine (so is line quailty).

I used to have their main # assigned to FXO2 ... line quality was poor and the FXO 4 was good. Thought it was the TELCO. Swapped wires, connectors and repunched to the DMARC. No change.  Did the impedance testing and 1-3 came out way different than 4 ... thought this was odd.

Swapped the MAINLINE FX02 with FX04 and now the mainline is quite good - the issue is most certainly the FXO ports on the UC320 ... any suggestions or do I have a lemon hardware?  This device is 2 months old.

Hi Tom,

It soulds like you might need to contact tech support if it is under warantee you should be able to get a replacement

ftc232356tyui
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your suggestion we loaded the new firmwaare and the FXS port showed faulty, contacted Small Biz tech support and we have now got the unit replaced under warrantee.

Thanks for you help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: