cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W not recognzing tones in AA

johnwitherspoon
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user who, about 50% of the time when she receives an outside call, callers are unable to navigate through the AA. Press the tones does nothing to the AA, it just keeps on playing. Then i could hang up, call right back and then the AA acknowledges my key entries without fail. Any one have any clues about this? System was working up until about 3 days ago. Only thing we did was staples a CAT5 cable to the wall. No other changes have been made, and I am almost 100% sure that didn't cause it. I checked all the seetings and reloaded the system a few times - still no luck. Any suggestions welcomed.

1 Reply 1

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

If the symptom presented itself after stapling the cat 5 to the wall you may just want to run a check on the cable to make sure the staple did not pierce the casing.  Additionally if the calls are coming in over FXO ports you could run the impedance testing on the line to verify that they are set correctly.

Thanks you,

Jason Nickle 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: