Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W routing voicemail messages to Office 365

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have recently migrated a client from an in house exchange server to Microsoft Office 365.  We have also set up a connector on Office 365 to relay mail from devices such as scanners, locked down to our external IP address, which is working well.  However the UC320W is connected to different internet connection provided by our SIP provider, and as such is a voice only connection, no data can go over that connection.

When we enter the external mail server details in to the Voicemail window the test inevitably fails.  Is there a pmf I can apply that will force the SMTP traffic to use the LAN port so that the emails go out via the data internet connection we have, rather than trying to go over the WAN port on the phone system that is connected to the VOICE only connection?

I can't see this being a unique situation as Microsoft encourage more users to move to the "cloud" so I hope this has already got a fix.

Thank you,

Tony

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: