cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

UC320W stuck in firmware update

I'm working with a new client that has an existing UC320W. When I first attempted to login, I learned about the incompatability of their current firmware with newer versions of Flash. I downgraded my laptop's Flash and was able to login. I was immediately prompted to update the firmware.

The system told me it was a two part process. The first part seems to have run fine, but when the second part of the upgrade begins it shows the attached screen.

maw_upgrade.jpg                  

This screen continues after "downloading" for about 16 hours. It also puts out phones in an unusable state.

Is there a way I can escape from the "automated" process and update the firmware manually with a downloaded copy of the fw file? I attempted to reboot the router, but as soon as I logged back in it immediately returned me to this process.

I made the mistake of launching this process without a backup. Any advice you can offer is greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner

I downloaded the firmware update to my laptop, and powered off and on the router. On logging into the router, I glimpsed a message in the top right corner, something to the effect of "Update from my computer." I selected this and was able to successfully update the router. Problem is resolved.

Highlighted

Good save!  Glad to know there was a solution!