Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W With SIP Trunk Outgoing calls quiet

support
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a client with a UC320W with a mix of SPA504G and SPA509G phones using two SIP trunks.  We have analogue lines, and a SIP trunk from the same provider at our office.  When they call the SIP trunk number the line is very clear as you would expect, but when they call the analogue number they sound very muffled and quiet.  The analogue numbers are our main numbers and no one else has this issue when calling us.  Is there something misconfigured on the their phone system, or something I can look at.

Thank you,

Tony

3 Replies 3

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tony,

I would run the impedance testing for the FXO lines on the UC320W.  However if the issue you are seeing is only seen by 1 particular caller the issue is more than likely on their end.

Jason Nickle

Hi Jason,

I ran the impedance tests on the FXO ports and configured them accordingly, and yes it is only this particular client that has the issue.  I agree that the problem will be at their end but as we supplied the phone system to them we are responsible to get to the bottom of the issue.

Tony

Hi Tony,

One more idea,  If you plug up an analog phone to the FXO and get a call from that 1 user do you still have the muted issue?  This could help show your customer that the issue is not with the UC.  However if you find that the call is clear please give us a call at Cisco Small Business.  We can run some audio captures to help figure out what is happening.

Thanks,

Jason Nickle