Views
Helpful
Replies

UC320W with Vonage Small Business lines

DCMet2011
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm planning on setting up a UC320W for use with several SPA 525G2 phones. We currently have phone service through Vonage (2 lines, but will have 5 soon). Is it possible to run the Vonage service straight from the UC320W? Has anyone tried this? Anything special info I need to get from Vonage?

Sorry if it's obvious once we hook everything up, but haven't been able to do that and want to know whats going on before I screw around.

2 Replies 2

letkris44
Level 1
Level 1

Jacquie,

I have tested this on my UC320, and can tell you without question that it works just fine. You don't need anything special from Vonage, just their standard boxes are fine. Just make sure you update your UC320 to the newest version (including the limited release 2.0.13 for DTMF detection, please see the other post from Chris about this update procedure.) Also, make sure you use good quality phone cables from the Vonage boxes to the FXO ports. Finally, make sure your run the impedance matching routine on all lines, and don't set the gain too high.

And this may be a stupid addendum, but if you are going to have 5 Vonage lines going into the UC320, make sure you have a SPA8800 configured and running for the 5th line.

Good luck!

~Kris

mrarmando007
Level 1
Level 1

I personally feel if you are going to have a VoIP provider then you should be able to take advantage of the sip lines in the uc320w. Vonage as a company does not provide your with your user name, password and especially proxy address for you lines which means you can't use the sip configuartion and you would have to have those phone adapter getting internet access and then connecting to the uc via phone cords. My suggestion would be to move on to another VoIP that gives you your're proxy address and information. I currently have Viatalk and am pretty happy with them.