cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 and Volume Issues

stuckeysnewband
Level 1
Level 1

Good day... I am interested in any experiences ppl have had with UC500 installations and FXO Volume issues.  We have installed at least 5 UC540's and 560's that have had issues with Volume.  The customer has complained that the volume is too low.  We have tweaked the volumes so much that we end up having white noise issues.

This seems to only affect UC500s, we have not seen the issue on any CME's (which we have also installed).  In addition, we have not had the issue in UC560's where we used a PRI.

Has anybody else experienced this?  Were  you able to find a solution?

1 Reply 1

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

I suspect that with the ISR deployments you are not using SPA-500 series phones, but with the UC's you are, and this is my point of contention with Cisco.

Every single FXO deployment I did with the SPA-500 series phones resulted in complaints about soft volumes, any tweaking of the FXO gain would either cause reverberation, echo, distortion or just uncomfortable sounds.

However if I swap the phones out with 7900 series phones they worked brilliantly. Now I don't know if this is because the 7900 series have more volume control on the phone itself to compensate any failings the UC had, I have never explored that, but I do know that in all tests the SPA-500 series failed miserably on the UC-500.

But you also point out an interesting fact, I never had issues when using ISDN or PRI or even SIP trunks, and I think that this is because they are naturally better in quality anyway then the aging POTS line, but still not a brilliant excuse for the other failings.

Just my observations (And opinion LOL) on this matter

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *