cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 CCA 3.1 DTMF problems going to voicemail and auto attendant

ripratt
Level 1
Level 1

Starting with CCA 3.1, the preferred DTMF method is RFC 2833.  For systems starting from factory default, CUE will be reconfigured with rtp-nte and this will be reflected on any dial-peers targeting CUE.  Additionally, existing systems which update their SIP trunk will also be updated on both sides.

However, there is a known defect with CCA 3.1 (CSCtr84220). When making any changes from the Voicemail UI, CCA will unfortunately reconfigure only the CUE DTMF without updating the dial-peers.  There is a plan to fix this in the very next release of CCA (existing configurations should be able to continue to use sip-notify).  But after hitting this issue, you will need to either update CUE dial-peers from CLI (dtmf-relay rtp-nte) or from CCA by resetting the voicemail and/or auto attendant numbers to get those dial-peers updated.

Example:

dial-peer voice 2001 voip

description ** cue auto attendant number **

translation-profile outgoing PSTN_CallForwarding

destination-pattern 3098

b2bua

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:10.1.10.1

voice-class sip outbound-proxy ipv4:10.1.10.1

dtmf-relay sip-notify       ••ß Modify/Change this setting. New Value – dtmf-relay rtp-nte.

codec g711ulaw

no vad

This will need to be done for all Dial-Peers accessing CUE. (AA, VM pilot, Prompt Management)

8 Replies 8

Anna Tsukerman
Level 1
Level 1

To emphasize what Richard has mentioned in the post, the workaround in CCA is to update the extension and/or PSTN numbers for any previously configured Voicemail / Auto Attendant.

ICan someone help me understand what does this mean specifically :

" update the extension and/or PSTN numbers for any previously configured Voicemail / Auto Attendant"

Is this beyond manually adjusting the dial peers?

Please describe an example of this workaround?

Do I change the AA Extension to something else and then change it back?

When is the updated CCA due out without this bug?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve!

Yes, what we mean by "reset" the voicemail or auto attendant number from CCA is to change the extension to something else and then change it back.  CCA will regenerate the dial-peers with the matching dtmf-relay method (rtp-nte). 

Laura

Thank you Laura. 

Sorry if it was obvious to everyone, but living on the other side of the Cisco Firewall shows me how important full and verbose communications are.

I hope you are doing well.  Please say hi to everyone for me.

No problem.  Its great to "see" you.  And thank you.  We are still here and kicking. 

This issue has been resolved in CCA 3.1.1:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-17859

I don't believe this issue has been resolved for auto attendant as I've recreated my auto attendant with a different extension and set it back and it still has an issue where the voicemail box cuts off after 2 seconds. I'm using CCA 3.1.1 and changing the user extensions fixed their problems, but the auto attendant is not fixed by doing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Travis

Travis, what software pack are you on? I believe this and other issues were resolved by 8.2 which is the one you should be running...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: