cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 Group Paging and Pickup

aalbert69
Level 1
Level 1

I am being sent out to a client site, that has a UC-540 that was configured by another company. They are complaining that the system does not allow for somebody to answer a group page by picking up the handset. They say that this feature works at another location of theirs in another state. What parameters should I be looking at, that would be inhibiting this functionality from working?

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Start mentioning if this is a CCA or CLI administered device.

Note with these devices is almost never necessary to go onsite. Setup remote access and that's all.

It is currently CCA, but I have no objection to going command line, and the client is aware that we might have to.

Paolo, thank you for the link... I skimmed through that section but I don't see anything that jumps out at me with respect to answering a one way page by picking up handset.

i.e. Use a one way paging group, have the users listen to the page, and if somebody has something to answer back with, they can pickup the handset and initiate a two conversation.

Is there a subset of functionality that should be configured.

What you describedm  is not the way pick-up works ( and correctly). What if one, for example, goes off-hook phone to make a call, and not to answer somebody else's phone.

If they want like that, configure shared line or a parallel hunt group.

aalbert69
Level 1
Level 1

I went onsite and tweaked the system a bit, but in terms of doing a parallel hunt group, is there any way of doing that with a intercom paging and not just ringing everybody?  It seems as if a shared extension is the more likely solution, but how does that behave with intercom to multiple destinations - and what would be the best way to implement?

There is no intercom (that involves two way talking) to multiple destination.

As you may have seen, there is paging, However paging "calls" cannot be answered directly.

So after paging, people wiil have to call back the originator or call into a park-slot, or something like that. Details depends the work-flow and specific application.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: