cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 in Mexico

aapexisinc
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have experience installing a UC500 system in Mexico?  Are there any issues with using FXO ports with a Mexican telco?

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mexican lines are like any non-US lines, they don't support disconnect supervsion, for which you have to use tone-based supervsion.

Can I do that with the UC500?

I think one of the things you get from locale files you would install.  But I dont know too much on this topic, sorry.

Hello aapexisinc,

I think there are 2 ways to capture this information

A.- Manual procedure to capture the call using WireShark:

A.1. Use WireShark to capture the RTP between the gateway and the phone when the call is disconnected the busy tones are playing and then save  the G711ulaw payload in .AU format.

A.2. Load the audio file into cooledit96 (freeware audio editing application) and use the cursors to determine the on times and off times of the tones.

A.3. Select the Analyze option to do a frequency analysis. From the new  window, you can move the cursor over the frequency peaks to determine the component tones. Round the frequency to the nearest 5hz. Measure  the on time of the tone and the off time of the tone to determine the  cadence.

A.4. Use these measured values to create a custom disconnect tone class

B.- Via PCM Capture (which can be collected mannually (via OOB) or via CCA

First you need to create logger buffer

voice hpi capture buffer 10000000 ( you need a big buffer before log file is open )

second create log file

voice hpi capture destination tftp://a..b.c.d/filename (Filename must end in .dat)

or

voice hpi capture destination flash:filename        

test voice port x/y/z pcm-dump caplog < pcm stream index> duration

the PCM stream you can use 7 to record all tone. Duration can be 0 to record the PCM during the life of the call.

test voice port 0/2/0 pcm-dump caplog 7

after end of the call. Stop the trace

test voice port 0/2/0 pcm-dump disable

stop recording by remove log buffer

no voice hpi capture buffer

and here is the procedure via CCA.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12692

-PCM Capture Diagnostic. From the PCM Capture window  (Troubleshoot > Telephony Diagnostics > PCM Capture), you can perform a  PCM capture to troubleshoot audio issues such as poor voice quality, one-way  audio, or no audio.

once you captured you PCM File,  please send me this file (vcappucc@cisco.com) and i will more than glad to provide you with the code you need to issue on your UC device

example:

voice class custom-cptone CPTONE-CUSTOM

dualtone disconnect

frequency 400

cadence 400 350 230 520

Then in the FXO Ports:

voice-port 0/x/y

supervisory custom-cptone UAE-CUSTOM-ALCATEL

supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call

timeouts call-disconnect 5timeouts wait-release 5

Thank you

Victor.-

Thank you for the detailed answer, Victor.  The telco is Telmex; has anyone already captured this information and determined the proper disconnect coding?