Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 Octo-Line Common Applications List

john.murg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Does anyone have a list of common features and applications on the UC500 platform that require Octo-Line phones to work properly?

Ideally, we're looking for a grid that will have something to this effect:

1. Feature/Application
  2. Limitation with SPA500 phones.
  3. Defined feature functionality with the applicable Octo-Line 7900 series phone.

So far, whisper page has been identifed as one of these features.

Thanks for your help.

j•murg

John P. Murgitroyde

1 Reply 1

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

This is a pretty good question, I myself would like to know this as so far this is all I am aware of.

• Octo Lines are not supported on the SPA-500 series
  • Octo Lines are supported on the 7900 series 9000 and 8000 series phones (Of which the latter two have not been ported yet if I am not mistaken)
  • Octo Lines are good if you want to run a shared DN and have up-too 8 incoming calls on that DN and then overflow it to another Shared DN set as Octo Line
  • Octo Lines are good if you want to have more than 2 calls come in on any one button, so effectivley you can have more than one button on the phone accepting up too 8 calls per button
  • Octo Lines are good for Receptionist environment, but only work with 7900 series phones and above, perfect for the buttons on the handset programmed for this and the side cart modules for monitoring extensions

Tha above is what I have or still is using them for, they can also come in handy for some other smaller features which I have never used and cannot see a need for it, whisper is one of them I believe.

It is a pity the SPA phones do not support Octo but there might be a practical reason for this

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: