Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 Remote Phone

jmathews63002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to find a solution of using a Cisco IP phone remotely to connect to a UC 500 without a Router (800 series or 500 series).  I understand that the UC 500 requires a router to establish a remote VPN connection before a IP phone can connect remotely.  With most of the other IP phone systems this is not a requirement.  They use the IP phone remotely and connect to the central IP phone system. With all the new developments on the UC 500, is this possible?

Thanks,

Jibu Mathews

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jibu,

The CIPC is a 7970 softphone and does everything that model can do and supports all the buttons and services right from the deskop, which only has to connect with a Cisco VPN Client (EZVPN) to the mother ship UC500 built in VPN Server.

We otherwise dont have client SW on hard phones to make that work without a remote teleworker router (SR520W or 871W ISR which are popular ones.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for your response.  This is a question posed by one of my prospects who is evaluating options along with the UC500.  This is a good feature to have.  I know that the EZVPN client is very secure and I will use that as a selling point.  This is something that we need to think in the future releases.

Jibu

I'll make sure the PMs see your post.

Thanks again Jibu.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: