Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 Series Model 540 Licensing

Safar Safarov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

Couple of days ago I bought a UC540W-FXO-K9. As per Reference Guide as I understood it should come with 24 user licenses. However I can see only 8 licenses. Screenshots attached.

Can somebody explain it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

The licensing for the UC540 was changed after its initial release.  The origninal licensing for this device included 8 licenses.  In order to get the new licensing guidelines, you first need to make sure that you have an updated IOS that supports the new base licensing.  (I would suggest upgrading to the latest IOS - software pack 8.6.)

Once you have upgraded, the licensing should show you at a base of 24 users.

Thank you,

Darren

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Darren DeCroock
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

The licensing for the UC540 was changed after its initial release.  The origninal licensing for this device included 8 licenses.  In order to get the new licensing guidelines, you first need to make sure that you have an updated IOS that supports the new base licensing.  (I would suggest upgrading to the latest IOS - software pack 8.6.)

Once you have upgraded, the licensing should show you at a base of 24 users.

Thank you,

Darren

Darren,

Thanks a lot for your input. I will download now and try.

BR,

Safar      

I see a great answer above, why not rate it? I certainly did.

Paolo,

you are right! I did also just was out of internet those couple of days.

By the way, after upgrade I got 30 users license. Does it mean that I may have 38 users total with L-UC-PRO-8U= ?

Regards,

Safar.

Hello Safar,

To be precise you get 40 licenses 32+8 supplemental if you include L-UC-PRO-8U=. If not you have 24 + 6 supplemental

The following link will provide more info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/C78-557768-00_540_platform_reference_guide_DS_v2a.html#wp9000387

HTH,

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: