cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 should detect distinctive ring patterns on the FXO port.

dtbullock
Level 1
Level 1

In Australia where line rental is expensive, it is common to have a 'Multiple Number' service, where the incoming ring patterns vary.  (So a call to number 1 might sound like brring...brring..., but a call to number 2 might sound like brinng...brr...brr). 

If it were on an FXS port, you'd be calling it distinctive ring, and talking about ring frequency and ring cadence - how the router generates these.

However, these parameters don't seem to apply to an FXO port where the router should detect these on a voice-port.

They should.  Please add it to the product roadmap.  Thanks.

PS.  If it didn't work out well to have 'sub ports' of a voice-port, then you could at least have something like a 'ring mask' where the FXO port only answers if the detected ring-pattern was found.  In that manner, you could electrically connect the same PSTN line to two FXO ports (although only one FXO port would ever seize the line), thus making your IOS development simpler, and selling more FXO ports ... although in practice, people with this setup won't be using more than 4 PSTN ports anyhow, in the main.

5 Replies 5

CHRIS YEO
Level 1
Level 1

David,

I have attempted to set this up as we can do this same setup in Canada as well.  Reported about 4 months ago.

Thanks!

Chris

David, you are correct. This type of ring pattern detection is not supported on our FXO ports, with the only exception of Fax detect, but even that is not a ringing detection since it takes place after the call has been connected (and it requires a TCL script). Maybe our SPA ATA's do have this feature. I will ask the Product Manager and will update this thread.

Thanks,

Marcos

Sooo ... what did the product manager say?

Marcos, did the product manager get back to you yet?

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

If I am not mistaken Fax Duet and Distinctive Ringing will be depreciated sometime in the future, It is a feature set I believe Telstra no longer want to support, I only say this is because they would not renew my Brothers FAX Duet or his distinctive ringing when the contract ran out.

Who knows though Telstra changes its mind more then the common man changes his underwear.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: