cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 & SR140 configuration

jon.blomquist
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure a Biscom Fax Server which is using the Brooktrout SR140 Virtual Fax Board. Biscom and Dialogic the makers have provided the attached Documentation which has not been very helpful. Both Companies list the SR140 board as working with the UC500 Series systems. I have contacted Cisco Small Business Support and they suggested posting on the Support Community for assistance as they did not have any documentation which could help me.

I am looking now for someone to help me in getting the UC560 system configured to work with the Brooktrout SR140 fax board.

Biscom Fax over IP (FoIP) Server Solution link: http://www.biscom.com/products/fax-servers/fax-over-ip.htm

Click on the tab labeled: T.38 FoIP Interoperability which takes you here: http://www.dialogic.com/interoperability/fax.htm

As you can see the under Network Elements the UC500 Series for Small Business is listed

Network Elements

Cisco

• Cisco Unified Communication Manager (Cisco Unified CallManager)  
    • SIP, H.323, & (MGCP via CallManager)
    • release 4.2.3 or later within the 4.2.x product line. H.323, MGCP
    • release 5.0.4(a) or later within the 5.0.x product line. SIP
    • release 6.0.1 or later within the 6.0.x product line. H.323, SIP, MGCP
    • release 6.1.x or later within the 6.1.x product line. H.323, SIP, MGCP
    • release 7.0.x or later within the 7.0.x product line. H.323, SIP, MGCP
    • release 7.1.3 or later within the 7.1.x product line. H.323, SIP, MGCP
    • release 8.0.2 or later within the 8.x product line, H.323, SIP, MGCP
  • Cisco Integrated Services Router (IOS based gateways capable of supporting T.38)
    • IOS version 12.3 or later
    • T.38 V.34 supported on IOS 15.1.1T or later
  • Cisco AS Universal Gateway Series (those capable of supporting T.38)
  • Cisco High Performance Gatekeeper Series (H.323 IOS Gatekeepers)  
    • H.323
  • Cisco Unified Communications 500 Series for Small Business
    • SIP and H.323
    • UC 520
    • IOS version 12.4 or later
  • Cisco SPA2102-NA ATA
    • SIP
    • Software version 3.3.6 or later
    • Note: at the time of testing the maximum T.38 protocol supported by the Cisco SPA2102 ATA was V.17 (14,400 bits/sec); Error Correction Mode (ECM) was not supported

I believe I am missing what needs to be configured on the UC560 to make this function.

I can provide any documentation from the Configuration anyone will require to assist me.

One of the Documents I found on the Support community talks about Cisco Fax Server Version 9.4 using the SR140 and is attached.

Attached are all documents provided by Biscom and Dialogic, plus the Current UC560-Config and lastly the previously mentioned Document I found on the Support Community "94ciscofaxigsupp.pdf"

Please note the UC560 system has only been configured using the Cisco Configuration Assistane (CCA) version currenlty is 3.2(1)

Thank you in advance,

Jon Blomquist

509-946-8484 Opt. 1

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you summarize in few words what the problem is ?

As that is the best approach to freely contributed forum like this.

Summary, How do you make the SR140 work with the UC560?

I know this post is old, but I got mine to work using this config so I thought I would reply in case anyone else had the same problem:

for anyone who has a UC560 with an ISDN PRI and wants to have fax numbers in the PRI be diverted and answered by an SR140, for both incoming and outgoing faxes, using sip to the SR140 here is the core of the config you need to put in the UC560:

voice service voip
  Fax protocol t38 ls-redunancy o hs-redundancy 0 fallback none
  sip

voice class codec 1
 codec preference 1 g711ulaw

fax send transmitting-subscriber $s$

voice translation-rule xxxx (replace xxxx with last 4 digits of fax number)
 rule 1 /xxxxxxxxxx/ //     (replace xxxxxxx with your incoming fax number)

voice translation-profile faxxxxx (replace last four x's with the last 4 digits of your fax number)
 translate calling xxxx  ( replace xxxx with voice translation rule)
 translate called  xxxx  ( replace xxxx with voice translation rule)

voice translation-profile nondialable
 translate called 1000

dial-peer voice 1000000 pots   (fax dial peer)
 incoming called-number xxxxxxxxxx ( replace xxxxxxxxxx with your incoming fax number)
 no digit-strip
 direct-inward-dial
 port 0/3/0:23  (ISDN port)
!
dial-peer voice 5594 voip   (sip dial peer to SR140 Fax board using virtual server ip address)
 translation-profile incoming fax7938
 destination-pattern xxxxxxxxxx (replace xxxxxxxxx with fax number )
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:192.168.16.23 ( ip address of windows server running SR140)
 session transport udp
 codec g711ulaw

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: