cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 with SPA8000 and picking up parked calls

jeffrey.reese
Level 1
Level 1

If one has a SPA8000 configured with a UC560 as described in the document "Configuring a Cisco UC500 to Operate with a Linksys SPA8000 Analog Telephone Adapter", is it possible to pick up a parked call from an analog phone connected through the SPA8000?

8 Replies 8

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jeffrey,

Never did this type of setup before, but have you tried calling the park slot number?

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Thanks for the reply David.  I get a busy signal (not a fast busy) when calling the park slot from an analog phone connected to the SPA8000.  I am otherwise able to use the analog phones to make and receive calls.  Picking up parked calls works fine from 79xx IP phones.

I know that there is extra work to be done on analog phones to enable FAC codes and that I would use **6 to pick up a parked call, but the analog phones on the SPA8000 gateway are registered in a funky way and I have not been able to enable them for control in the same way that I would an FXS port.

I was hoping that somebody else had gone down this same path.

Hi Jeffery,

Thanks for trying that out, FAC's are used for analogue extensions operating as user phones, with the SPA-8000 series I was sure that it registered as a SIP appliance on the UC?? I might be wrong as I have never used one before.

Just curious though, when you dialed the park slot was there a call on the park slot? If there wasn't then you will get a busy tone, if there was one then there you should have been able to pick it up, the issue then is how do you park it again I guess??? Maybe using the hook flash and typing in the park slot extension number to park a call??

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Yes David, you are right about the SPA-8000 registering as a SIP appliance.

In my tests I would call one IP phone from another IP phone, park the call and note the park slot number (702), then go to my analog phone and try to pick up the call.  Dialing 702 was a regular busy.  Trying to use FAC code **6702 resulted in a fast busy - though I didn't really expect that to work.

I tried the above scenarios after hitting hookflash as well.  After about 20 various tests trying to pick up a parked call I called it a day.  I don't even need to re-park a call from an analog phone, I just need to be able to pick it up.

Calls come in to a main office and an overhead paging system is used to announce parked calls.  Right now that's not going to work for analogs connected to SPA-8000.  My workaround is to have the main office park the call, overhead page to call the main office, take note of where the call to the main office comes in from, and then transfer the parked call to that extension.  That's obviously way more steps than I would like.

Jeffrey,

I have to say mate I am FLUSHED on this one

I don't have a SPA-8000 here for me to work something up on the LAB, if I did I would have done that and found a solution for you...

I am sorry I couldn't help you any further, I hate it when that happens

I hope someone from the Cisco team though tries to help you out, but if you do have a SBCS contract you should push through that mechanism and keep escalating it till you get someone who can assist you and ask them to work it up on the LAB systems as well.

Cheers,

David.

I do have a contract (this is a very large installation) and Richard (C268286) at Cisco literally said "good luck with that" within the first minute of our conversation and was less then helpful for the remaining minute.  I'll definitely be following up with that.

Hi Jeffrey,

I have not dealt with Richard before and wont make any assumptions, but I encourage you to go through the escalation process, ask to speak with either a duty supervisor or duty manager, make sure if you are not getting the support you expect from the contract you have, that you keep escalating it until all options are exhausted, it will eventually arrive at an engineering level and if it is still determined then that nothing can be done, shoot for the moon and ask for a feature enhancement request (Well that is what I would as I don't hold back )

Remember you have a job to do as well and it not only your satisfaction that needs to be meet but also the clients

Good luck and I wish you the best with it and a speedy resolve, in the mean time I am scouting around and canvassing everyone I know to see who has a SPA-8000 on hand so I can at least attempt a work up, if I manage to do it and you still haven't got an answer I will update you with my findings as well.

Cheers,

David.

Jeffrey,

Do you have a case number that we can reference?  We would like to get the engineer feedback to the appropriate manager.

Thanks
Ivan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: