Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520-48U-6BRI-K9 and compatibility with VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1

raziel78kain
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

we have a UC520-48U-6BRI-K9, and we would like to substitute the VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE card in the slot 0/2 with a VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 card.

Is it possible?

TIA and regards.

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You are not supposed to replace cards that are kept in place by rivets.

If you have a free slot, you can add the PRI card.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

Yes it is possible, but on that particular unit you may run out of DSP/PVDM resources so just be mindful of that fact.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

I believe that all the 48-users UC520 have PVDM2-64.

So even a full E1 PRI should be no problem.

Dear Paolo,

yes, the UC520 has a PVDM2-64.

So, where's the truth? In your first answer ("You are not supposed to replace cards that are kept in place by rivets. If you have a free slot, you can add the PRI card") or in your second one ("I believe that all the 48-users UC520 have PVDM2-64. So even a full E1 PRI should be no problem")?

Isn't there an official document to solve the mistery? :-)

Regards.

Excuse me, what contradiction do you see in my statements ? I do not see any.

The official documents says that card is supported.

Hello,

could you link the document that you have mentioned, please?

Thanks and regards.

Cisco has now removed the data sheet as it is EoS.

http://www.amtel.co.il/uploaded/Cisco%20Unified%20Communications%20520%20for%20Small%20Business.pdf

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Hello,

thanks for the document.

Unfortunately, it does'nt seem to solve the question of compatibility, because in Table 9 we can see that most UC520s have "1 VIC slot for expansion", but not our UC520-48U-6BRI-K9...

Regards.

As I have answered in my very first posts, if your UC520 does not have any free slot, you cannot add, swap or do anything else that is officialy supported

In other words if you go to remove the bezel/open chassis and forcefully swap cards, you do that at your own risk, and may or may not work.

Hi There,

Is the vacant VIC slot being used by a BRI Voice Card? If so then remove it (Power the system down before you do that) and slot in the PRI Voice Card.

I must point out that there was no UC-520 brought out with 6BRI built in from memory, well not in my region, it was 4 built in and a 2 port BRI Voice card in the VIC slot which made up the 6.

If this is not the case I would love to see a picture of it because it will be the first UC-520 I have seen with this configuration.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hello David,

yes, the UC520 has a VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE in the slot 0/2.

The router is identical to this one:

http://cupertinonetwork.pairserver.com/pictures/used-cisco-UC520-48U-6BRI-K9-router-F2TT-002.JPG

Regards.

Since the VIC card appears to be kept in place with screws, that means it's user removable, you can replace it with a VWIC2 card, and it will wok.