cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 Appliance - Adding different phone types

basiluk11
Level 1
Level 1

I am used to a UC320, and migrating to a UC520 - This maybe a simple question to some of you, but this is foxing me, and I am not a command line expert by any means so please go easy on me!

I have a mixture of SPA525G, SPA303, SPA504G & SPA501G phones.  Trying to add phones and users the UC520 gives me a list of many 7xxx models but I don't see the phones that I need to add.

I have read much about CNF files needing to exist, and these being on the TFTPT server on the flash card - But everything I read completely confused me - Can someone kind and patient please tell me how I can enable support for these phones by using the CCA application in simple terms, and please note that I do not have a smartnet contract on this device so seem to be locked out of downloading much of what I may need!

The config details that you may need are:

isco IOS Software, UC500 Software (UC500-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(11)XW7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Compiled Wed 09-Apr-08 03:07 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(11r)XW3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

9 Replies 9

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In CCA, go to Maintenance > Phone Load Management > Upload Phone Loads. Browse for a software pack and choose the new phone types that you need. This will require access to a software pack. You mentioned that you don't have a contract. If you don't have access to a software pack I would recommend going to the software downloads page and requesting access. Since this device is EOS/EOL and you cannot buy a contract, support may allow you access to the files you need.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon - I will try and ask for access.

Did you go to the software download page and request access? Here's the link.

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=281163511&flowid=77902&softwareid=282762907&release=8.6(2)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Click "Additional Entitlement Required" next to the software pack. Follow the instructions to email support.

Brandon

Thanks for following up Brandon. I don't see additional entitlement needed, only download and add to cart?

So, can you download the software pack? It may prompt you to log in when you click download. If you don't have a current contract you should then see the "Additional Entitlement Required" link.

Still no joy, this is what I see when I have logged in and try and download. 

OK. Here's the screen I was referring to. Follow the instructions and email to ent-dl@cisco.com. Explain in the email that there is currently no way to obtain a valid contract on the UC520.

Thank you Brandon - I have emailed this email address some 1-2 weeks ago, and not had a reply - I will send a second email.

I have tried emailing support but they have provided no answer - does anyone from Cisco support read this and can they please help me?