cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 Auth Fail on Software Pack 8.6.1 Using CCA 3.2.2.

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

I am looking for someone's assistance in what I am missing or doing wrong. After I upgraded my UC520 to software pack 8.6.1 and GB language my 7975G phone seems to be stuck in the firmware upgade mode.

I have performed several factory resets on the phone as well as contact Cisco TAC.

Cisco TAC did identify what the issue was howver I had to format my flash and lose all the data on the falsh card some when I did the upgrade again through the CCA it again has the same bug. I just want to manually get the phone up and running to current firmware that some with software pack 8.6.1.

The steps I have done are:

1) Format the flash to erase the bug that is stopping the 7975G upgrading

2) Copy the phone files across via Solarwainds TFTP server:

a) apps75.8-5-2TH1-9.sbn

b) cnu75.8-5-2TH1-9.sbn

c) cvm75sccp.8-5-2TH1-9.sbn

d) dsp75.8-5-2TH1-9.sbn

e) jar75sccp.8-5-2TH1-9.sbn

f) SCCP75.8-5-2S.loads

g) term75.default.loads

3) enter in Conf T mode and update the TFTP-SERVER flash:apps75.8-5-2TH1-9.sbn for each of the above files

4) enter into telephony-service and enter no cnf-file perphone

5) enter the comand load 7975 SCCP75.8-5-2S.loads

6) enter the comand reset all

This should then reboot the phone and install the firmware files however my phone doesnt do anything. Have I missed any steps out?

Thanks

Brian

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post "debug tftp event" with "term mon", when power cycle the phone..

Hi Paolo,

I have opened a Cisco TAC case to get this resolved. However it seems that the phone can be seen as a CDP neighbour but it is not getting an IP address and is sitting at the Cisco upgrade splash screen.

Thanks

Brian

The output I've indicated above will show you what is not working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: