cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 Backup failed - see logs.

Brett Walters
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to back up a UC520 on 8.2 so I can upgrade to 8.6.  I am not upgrading until it backs up, but it keeps failing on the UC520 and telling me to check the log files for more details.  Where are these log files stored?  Not in the backup directory itself, that's for sure...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brett,

An easy way to locate the log files in CCA is to hit F2 on your keyboard.  This will launch a java console window.  At the bottom of the window you should see a button to bring up the log file.  If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Brett,

An easy way to locate the log files in CCA is to hit F2 on your keyboard.  This will launch a java console window.  At the bottom of the window you should see a button to bring up the log file.  If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

Thanks, I found it now...and figured out why it wouldn't back up.  Got it backed up, but now the upgrade to 8.6 is hanging on Reload Voicemail - for quite a while now. Almost 1700 and counting now - Waiting.  Great. Another upgrade gone awry for no particular reason.  Beginning to question why we do these systems. :-(

Are you using CCA? To be very honest with you, best and consistent results are obtained with CLI only, despite whatever support policy Cisco has in place.. I have many perfectly running systems and happy customers by doing so.

Hi Brett,

When it was going through the upgrade procedure what version were you upgrading from and did you open up the java console to see if it was hanging on a particular part?

Cheers,

David Trad.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: