Views
Helpful
Replies

uc520 cue stuck in a loop

andrewsymms
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Dont know why but cue seems to have stopped working and if I do a service-module integrated-service-engine 0/0 session i get a screen that just scrolls over and over. status says trying to recover from reset/shutdown.

Ive looked on here but not found the answer yet

any help would be appreciated

6 Replies 6

Faris Hamdan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Andrew,

I think that it will be a good idea to proceed with the boot helper procedure while facing this behaviour.

UC 500 Boot Helper Instructions:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13686

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,

Faris

Hello

Thanks for your reply

I tried that procedure but once I do service-module integrated-service-engine 0/0 session the screen fills with output and pressing ctrl-shift-x  6 will not break the cycle. only way back is to close telnet session and log in again

Andrew

attached is the output after inputing "service-module integrated-service-engine 0/0 session"

Looks like you have a bad CUE module.  It is internal and not field replaceable..  I think you will need to RMA the unit. 

It seems to be a Kernel panic, a problem with mounting root file system.

I think that it will be better to open a case with Cisco Tac to troubleshoot, I do agree that i might end up with an RMA for the whole unit.

Thanks,

Faris

Hello

Just an update opened a tac as suggested and the outcome was an RMA. Spent a couple of evenings reconfiguring new unit and after wrestling with cue localisation for uk everything is up and running fine now thanks for all your assistance

Andrew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: