Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

UC520 Incoming calls name presentation

I Guys,

I have an issue with a UC520 (latest software pack).

The incoming number (for exemple: 32475XXXXXX) are not associated with the corresponding directory entry (exemple: directory entry 1 32475XXXXXX name jean).

The command service dnis dir-lookup is active in the telephony service but the name cannot display on the phone (only the incoming number)

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Vincent.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Rising star

Hi Vincent,

First of all this has been a long standing problems, however I would have thought that they would have resolved it by now with the new Software Packs and iOS upgrades, maybe not?

What software pack are you running on your UC-500 at present?

This once worked flawlessly right up until version 8 arrived, then it stopped working and it just never got better, I truly hope you can get this resolved as it is a very useful feature I must say.

Keep us posted, and please don't forget to log a case on this and bet someone from STAC to debug and assist.

Cheers,

David Trad

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Highlighted

Hello David,

Thanks for the reply.

Softwarepack: 8.6.1

IOS Image: uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M5

CME Version: 8.6

Voicemail version: 8.6.5

My UC520 is an older one but I have the same issue with a brand new UC540 on a customer site.

In a first time I think it was a problem because the incoming number are from a SIP trunk.

But on my customer site, the incoming number are from PSTN and the problem is the same.

Perhaps it's the CCA configuration...

Regards.

Vincent

Highlighted
Beginner

I'm having the same issue on a UC540 on a customer site with SIP trunks only.  Posting here to see if I can give any data that can help.

Highlighted

Remove calling name using SIP profile.

That will enable CME directory lookup.

Highlighted

Hello Paolo,

Thanks for your reply.

I can't see the calling name option in the sip profile.

This is the sip profile:

registrar server expires max 3600 min 3600

no update-callerid

sip-profiles 1000

!

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g711ulaw

!

voice class sip-profiles 1000

request ANY sdp-header Connection-Info remove

response ANY sdp-header Connection-Info remove

!

Thanks for your help.

Vincent.

Highlighted

Details for configuring SIP profile need to be seen and handled on a case-by-case basis.