Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 Incoming calls name presentation

vincentdenison
Level 1
Level 1

I Guys,

I have an issue with a UC520 (latest software pack).

The incoming number (for exemple: 32475XXXXXX) are not associated with the corresponding directory entry (exemple: directory entry 1 32475XXXXXX name jean).

The command service dnis dir-lookup is active in the telephony service but the name cannot display on the phone (only the incoming number)

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Vincent.

6 Replies 6

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Vincent,

First of all this has been a long standing problems, however I would have thought that they would have resolved it by now with the new Software Packs and iOS upgrades, maybe not?

What software pack are you running on your UC-500 at present?

This once worked flawlessly right up until version 8 arrived, then it stopped working and it just never got better, I truly hope you can get this resolved as it is a very useful feature I must say.

Keep us posted, and please don't forget to log a case on this and bet someone from STAC to debug and assist.

Cheers,

David Trad

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Hello David,

Thanks for the reply.

Softwarepack: 8.6.1

IOS Image: uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M5

CME Version: 8.6

Voicemail version: 8.6.5

My UC520 is an older one but I have the same issue with a brand new UC540 on a customer site.

In a first time I think it was a problem because the incoming number are from a SIP trunk.

But on my customer site, the incoming number are from PSTN and the problem is the same.

Perhaps it's the CCA configuration...

Regards.

Vincent

hamiltonandrew
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having the same issue on a UC540 on a customer site with SIP trunks only.  Posting here to see if I can give any data that can help.

Remove calling name using SIP profile.

That will enable CME directory lookup.

Hello Paolo,

Thanks for your reply.

I can't see the calling name option in the sip profile.

This is the sip profile:

registrar server expires max 3600 min 3600

no update-callerid

sip-profiles 1000

!

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g711ulaw

!

voice class sip-profiles 1000

request ANY sdp-header Connection-Info remove

response ANY sdp-header Connection-Info remove

!

Thanks for your help.

Vincent.

Details for configuring SIP profile need to be seen and handled on a case-by-case basis.