cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 QoS Settings

leealanmoreau
Level 1
Level 1

Just curious, if I use SIP Trunks and want to use the auto QoS features, do I basically just first set under the SIP Trunk the number of max concurrent calls, so say 8 for example, and then under Traffic Shaping limit it to say 20% of my upload which is 5Mbps which would reserve 1Mbps for voice at all times?  Just wondering if there's anything else in CCA I need to do to make sure SIP always has priority over data or if that's basically it?  No issues as of yet just want to be sure it's done right.

1 Reply 1

janickle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Lee,

Traffic Shaping is going to ensure that your voice traffic always has an allocated amount available.  So if the data is hogging up the bandwidth and you need to make a call the traffic shaping policy will come into effect to ensure that your call gets the allocated bandwidth it needs.  Well… to answer your question… That’s all you need to do in CCA

Thank you,

Jason Nickle

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: