cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Get the latest new and information the November issue of the Cisco Small Business Monthly Newsletter

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

UC520 removes static route upon reboot

Helllo,

Well the title says it all. Every time we restart the UC520 it removes it's ip route to the integrated-services-engine 0/0. This renders the voicemail unreachable. The config has been saved to start-up config each time. The route has been added with and without the 'permanent' statement.

We have a second UC540 which doesn't lose the ip route.

The command entered

"ip route 192.168.10.2 255.255.255.255 integrated-services-engine 0/0"

"ip route 192.168.10.2 255.255.255.255 integrated-services-engine 0/0 permanent"

This is the entry before reboot:

"S        192.168.10.2/32 is directly connected, Integrated-Service-Engine0/0"

We are running this version:
"uc500-advipservicesk9-mz.150-1.XA3a"

This entry disappears after a reboot.

Thanks,

Bryan.

Everyone's tags (6)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: UC520 removes static route upon reboot

Can you post a before and after running-config?

BTW

CUE has has its own ip address and default gateway that needs to be configured.  The configs will show if the correct ip addresses are there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Enthusiast

Can you post a before and after running-config?

BTW

CUE has has its own ip address and default gateway that needs to be configured.  The configs will show if the correct ip addresses are there.

View solution in original post

Beginner

It seems I found the solution/problem by accident. I made a backup of the config file to my pc. From there I loaded the backup back into the UC520 via ftp, exact same config. Now it seems to save the ip route properly. Perhaps a corrupt entry in the log file resulting in the fact that the UC520 couldn't save the ip route?

Anyway, issue seems to be solved. Thanks.