cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

uc520 stopped responding

7bridgesol
Level 1
Level 1

We have a UC520 that went down and only thing that is on is all the lan lights.

Tried to unplug power and will not reboot just turns on the lan lights when power reapplied.

any ideas why this would do this?

3 Replies 3

Mario Garcia
Level 3
Level 3

When you console into the box what do you see?

I'd recommend connecting console cable and power cycling the box and watch it boot up. If it goes to rommon mode it maybe that it can locate the IOS image on the flash. If this is the case, remove compact flash and use a card reader to apply the proper IOS image the system is trying to boot.

Details of the output you see on the console session when booting up should help steer towards a resolution.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

okay so thru console see rommon

did a dir on flash: and see a crash file and factory default

How do load the ios on the compant flash and i do have a saved copy of the running config thru putty

Hi There,

The most easiest and safest way to load in a new IOS is to take the Compact Flash Card out and use a CF card reader and manually copy it over, you are going into ROMON mode most likely due to the fact that the IOS has become corrupted, so replacing it with either the same one or a more newer one would be your best bet.

Also make sure you copy the crash file over to your computer, and then if the system has a support contract on it open a case for it straight away and provide them the crash file, make sure to explain what has happened to the system I.E you lost your IOS or it has become corrupted, they need to know about this issue.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *