cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 Teleworker

Arthur Kant
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UC520 with two teleworkers in different sites.  All sites connect back to UC520.  Calls between phones and the "Hub" work well but calling between each other is not working.  These are true L2L ipsec tunnels with no mesh.  Do I need to have ip connetivity directly between phones in order for them to work?  I had always thought as long as phone could hit CME the magical world of call delivery would work.

21 Replies 21

I just heard back from the CCA Development team. I am sorry you found this issue.

Seems like the dilemma is we dont know which phones are remote and which are local in CCA.

Having this command for all phones is inefficient, because this would mean that calls (RTP) between local IP phones will have to go through the UC500. This is usually reserved just for remote teleworker phones.

We have a CDETS open for this:

CSCsm36527  Assigned /  851 voice remote teleworker, 'mtp' need to be configured under ephone-dn

So while the issue was found and we want to fix in 2.2.5, the question is how...

...we maybe can expose the MTP option in the User Inteface of CCA for you to select....

The logic we have in CCA is always send down 'no mtp' when phone type is not "CIPC" (soft phone).

Please hang in there with us while we figure it out...

Leaning toward adding a checkbox for "Use as teleworker phone". If checked, "mtp" will be set; otherwise, "no mtp" will be set.

Steve I like the idea of having the mtp as a selectable option under the configuration of a phone.  Alternativly I wonder if you could detect when a phone registers to CME from a subnet which is different from the ip subnet configured on the vlan interface of the voice vlan.  That would would be a great indicator of remote or local.  I am not sure how this would fair with an EasyVPN teleworker scenario but its a thought.  In the end as CCA does not eat my configuration if I configured it manually through the CLI I will be happy

Thanks man for your answer.

It saved my day.

CCMADM1N1_2
Level 1
Level 1

apologies for waking an old thread but in searching for an answer to my critical client issue i stumbled onto this great exchange (nice job guys on this one BTW love the collaboration)

So i have a uc560 in NYC and a nortel cs1000 in moscow

cisco 3xxx in moscow <> uc560 in NY

SIP trunk between the two (CLI using dialpeers)

VPN tunnel between the two as well

calls between sites work great

cisco to nortel (tdm phone)= good

cisco to nortel "pc client"= good

nortel pc client to cisco = good

nortel tdm to cisco = good

data/routing to each LAN= good

both nortel phone types to unity VM = good

toll bypass calls pc client to cisco UC to pstn (isdn PRI) = good

toll bypass calls nortel tdm to cisco UC to pstn (isdn PRI) = NO GOOD

call flow = moscow nortel dials xx2125551212 > xx steering code sends

call over SIP trunk > nortel strips xx and sends 10 digits to NY uc560 > call hits UC560 and dial peer for pstn (no "9" or access code needed) > call routes out ISDN PRI & RINGS local NY phone > I answer call > no audio in either direction but call is connected

so must be an MTP or Codec/transcoding issue ?

now I have hardware conference setup but no other DSP resources allocated by me (just whatever is created by CCA for PRi and HW conf)

odd that nortel pc client works but tdm endpoint does not - both use same nortel signaling/sip server but pc client must use different DSP resources i guess?

anyway i have debugs and configs if helpful. time sensitive issue, please advise

kindest regards

Mike

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

CCMADM1N1_2
Level 1
Level 1

so issue is call connects but no audio in either direction

SIP trunk > uc560 > isdn PRi

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

CCMADM1N1_2
Level 1
Level 1