Helpful
Replies

UC520 The Right Choice?

bndbrennan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am opening a mid sized retail shop.

I have (2) 7970, (4) 7940, and (1) 7925.

I need 1 auto antendant menu (when call comes in via fxo line), 1 FXO Line for in/out bound calling, and 1 voice mailbox that sits on an extension.

Would it be possible to setup the uc520 just for handling phones, and use a cisco smb router for DHCP, WLAN, Firewall, etc?

Can my configuration all be done with the web gui, and CCA for the uc520?

I was looking at thee UC320W, however you cannot use any 7900 series phones, and I do not like how it handles user/phone assigment.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Answers are yes, and yes.

Note, being the end user without the required experience, you will likely encounter various problems in trying to do yourself.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Answers are yes, and yes.

Note, being the end user without the required experience, you will likely encounter various problems in trying to do yourself.

Hello,

Just to add that you should consider buying UC540 or UC560 instead of UC520 because 520 is EOS.

Best regards,

Alex

bndbrennan
Level 1
Level 1

Thank You.

I can get access to a UC520 easier then the 540 or 560.

If I did decide to use the WLAN, and Firewire on the UC520, is there a web gui for that, or do I have to use cli?

The UC500 GUI is supposed to do everything.

Again, the best choice is to give the job to a professional, and not have to worry about.

Please refer to document which compare it's specification between UC540 and UC560.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps7293/UC540_560_2pgr.pdf

With latest softwarepack upgrade,

UC540 has capability for 8-32 users. (32 users are maximum)

UC560 has capability for 16-138 users (138 users are maximum)

If you are expecting growth up to 50 users, you should consider UC560.

I have UC560 with 80 users and UC540 with 8 users for multi site.

With recent 8.6.1 softwarepack update, system is running without any problem so far.

Regards,

Davy Ad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ,

Does it means UC540/UC560 are better to deploy than CME for 50 users , who might be expanded in future ?

Regards,

Hello Davy,

Above 40 users only UC560, the uc is CME. I did not understand your question clearly.

Best regards,

Alex

bndbrennan
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks.

Due to the time/budget restrictions, I think for the first few months I am going to stick with the basic uc320w, then move up to the UC540/560 later on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: