cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC520 Upgrade and Restore Fail

kgrant3120
Level 1
Level 1

Lost here on this one.  Tuesday evening upgrade a UC560 to 8.1 atleast tried.  Got hung up when it was reloading the image.  Waited for about an hour when I saw nothing being populated on the console.  So after the hour of nothing I killed CCA because was hung up also.  I did some test calls in and out and everything seemed to fine.  Got a call from that office next morning telling me they could no longer multisite dial.

So tried doing a restore to the UC520 from backup I did before I did before the upgrade, well that restore is failing also.  I also tried doing the restore on another machine using CCA 2.2.6.  Also tried a backup from a month ago as well.

My question is there a way to restore this system using CLI rater the CCA?

1 Reply 1

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Not ure what happened but needs to be isolated.  We have done many backup and restores without incident.

I think the hang you had when you tried the failed upgrade may have sometnhing to do with it.  The PC needs both TFTP and FTP access to the system to perform configuration archive and restore. 

Use this to see if you have proper connectivity

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9779

If this all works, call support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: